Global Delivery Model
Seamless and cost-effective deliverance of business solutions is most preferred in contemporary global business scenario. Vagus Technologies is emerging as a leader in providing tailored solutions through its efficient Global Delivery Model (GDM). The globally distributed and strategically located delivery centre serves the client according to their business-specific requirements. Our Global Delivery Model (GDM) is governed by:
The key to our successful Global Delivery Model (GDM) is the well defined and tested processes followed by us, it equip us with the competitive edge to consistently deliver high quality solutions through engaging our valued resources from multiple locations.
- Dynamic and qualitative project management processes guarantees excellence in delivery.
- Effective knowledge management and sharing mechanism promotes cross-pollination among teams.
- Appropriate talent management processes ensure that your project gets the best and highly motivated people.
- Well placed processes for interaction and communication within teams connects the globally distributed groups to interface and collaborate seamlessly, delivering excellence.
Vagus project management processes are in line with the SEI CMM Level 5 requirements. Our holistic processes approach addresses all the key aspects of a project across the project life cycle, including:
- Project planning
- Project monitoring, reporting procedure and review mechanisms
- Project risk management
- Configuration management
- Change management
- Issue escalation and resolution
- Intra-engagement communication with client managers
The effective implementation of these processes ensures the success of our Global Delivery Model (GDM). At the outset of every engagement, Vagus robust project planning and estimation processes delineate all aspects of the project, including:
- Project profile
- Project processes related to life-cycle, change management, requirements traceability, process tailoring, etc.
- Deliverables and effort estimates
- Goals and milestones
- Project tracking: Tasks, issues, quality, client feedback, reviews, reporting, escalation
- Defect estimates and defect prevention
- Project team roles, skills, key personnel, training
- Risks and mitigation plan
Our project management and project quality processes are strengthened and supported by wide range of custom-built as well as third party tools easing the complexities of the Global Delivery Model (GDM).
Vagus is commitment to deliver quality in spectrum of IT services. Quality is our success mantra in achieving long term excellence through the Global Delivery Model (GDM). Time bound assessments are carried by reputed external assessors for continuous improvement in productivity. Our process performance has emerged as the best and we have embarked on several strategic improvement initiatives:
- Business excellence is achieved through Baldrige-based assessment of units.
- Initiatives like organization wide reuse and tools lead to improvement in productivity.
- Program management framework facilitates the smooth execution of complex projects
- Ensuring minimal execution risk through proactive risk assessment model and approach.
- Expedite process of internally evaluating and certifying the quality to equip our team members with required skill sets
Knowledge Management Framework of Vagus is aimed to create an environment to encourage people to create, learn, organizes, share and reuse knowledge to accomplish organization goals. Our Knowledge Management Services assists to evaluate technologies and enable to strategically decide on best solutions to address business complexities. Our KM process operates at three levels.
The project management coordinator of each project plays role in KM process specific to the project goals, he also carryout periodic project reviews covering project management as well
Vagus has a roadmap drawn on knowledge management specific to that particular domain. Knowledge sharing is strengthened by a range of methods such as orientation training programs, online discussion boards and collaborative environments within that domain
Vagus is developing a state-of–art Knowledge Repository portal, on our intranet. This portal will enable knowledge sharing and ensure our teams have constant access to best practices and the collected learning from working with the world's best organizations.
At Vagus, the project management process is strengthened by the use of robust tools. These tested tools simplify the task of tracking the complex projects well on track. The prime components of our Project Management toolset are the Project Management (PM) tool and the Process database, a range of specialized tools are integrated into these systems to automate the series of tasks as described below.
- Effectively monitor the projects to track defects and benchmark them against estimates;
- Scoping, requirements gathering and impact analysis;
- Keep track of efforts, schedule adherence and slippages;
- Efficiently store and manage project documents and data, process assets systems;
- Sophisticated tools to track individual service projects like application maintenance;
- Monitor automatic scheduling of audits based on detailed guidelines and all, follow up activities;
- Automate the workflow for senior management reviews in accordance to engagement schedules and plans;
Vagus ensures a detailed plan in place for identification and fore sighting of risks, monitoring and mitigation as a part of overall project planning. The plan covers risk identification, prioritization and mitigation options. The focused areas are
- Foolproof plans for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery at organization and client level
- Global de-risked development centers
- State-of-the-art fail safe network connectivity with multiple fall-back options
- Interoperability to ensure seamless relocation
- Locations far away from potentially conflict-ridden zones
- Fully equipped Offsite Disaster Recovery Facility in Mauritius
- Stringent physical security and network security
- Secure Human Resources practices
- Regular external audits to ensure compliance and cover blind spots
Confidentiality and Privacy
- Access restrictions and controls for all Information Assets
- Context-dependent security measures including physical isolation of projects, if needed
- Legal agreements with employees to ensure compliance
- Agreements under relevant jurisdiction for the client
- Built-in redundancies for key personnel
- Back-up of project artifacts and experiential repositories